All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1985, Liberated Cinema: The Yugoslav Experience received the first annual Close-up award from the Yugoslav Film Institute in 1986 for outstanding scholarship and for promoting the values of Yugoslav film art internationally. This new edition has been revised and updated throughout. It has been expanded to complete the story of the new Yugoslav cinema of the 1980s and to address major film developments that have taken place in the former Yugoslavia's five successor states. As in his analysis of past periods of Yugoslav cinema, Goulding situates the most recent developments within the context of film ecomics, state subsidies, and changing patterns of political control. Most significantly, however, he provides an insightful discussion of the ways in which critically important domestic feature films produced or co-produced from 1991 to 2001 reflect on recent brutal internecine warfare and other contemporary social, cultural, and political realities after the breakup of Yugoslavia.
- Author BiographyDaniel J. Goulding, Professor Emeritus of Film Studies at Oberlin College, is editor of Five Filmmakers and Post New Wave Cinema in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe (both from Indiana University Press).
- Author(s)Daniel J. Goulding
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2002
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note80 b&w photos, 2 maps, 1 bibliog., 1 index
- Weight440 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised and Expanded ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.