All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionFrom June 1775 to February 1781 during the American War of Independence, ten patriot generals died as a result of combat wounds. Their service and deaths spanned most of the war's duration and geographical expanse. The generals were a diverse group, with six born in America and four in Europe, three coming from professional military backgrounds, and the rest citizen-soldiers, mostly with limited military experience. As the colonists won their independence, the fallen generals became martyrs for the revolutionary ideals that would inspire later generations throughout the world. Liberty's Fallen Generals is the first book to analyze these key military leaders' service and the quality of their leadership in light of recent scholarship on the Revolutionary War. Each general's profile provides background on military and political events leading to his emergence, assesses the general as a military leader in the war, and examines the campaign that culminated in his battle-related death. A compelling study in leadership and sacrifice, Liberty's Fallen Generals is essential reading for those interested in learning more about America's earliest heroes.
- Author BiographySTEVEN E. SIRY is a professor at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio. He has also taught at Central Michigan University and the University of Cincinnati. Siry is the author of Greene: Revolutionary General (Potomac Books, 2006) and De Witt Clinton and the American Political Economy: Sectionalism, Politics, and Republican Ideology, 1787-1828 (Peter Lang, 1990). He lives in Strongsville, Ohio.
- Author(s)Steven E. Siry
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMilitary Profiles
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Note16 b&w photos, 3 maps, chronology, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.