All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionLibrarians and libraries w face unprecedented challenges, risks, and opportunities. In his latest collection of articles and speeches, White focuses on the professional issues confronting librarians at a time of increased techlogical options-when simple information access can be easily and directly done by end users, but in which complex information access poses needs and concerns which the end user may t even recognize, let alone understand. Often delivered with wit, these insightful and sometimes controversial commentaries are intended to provoke serious thought, discussion, and ultimately, action. A must read for library and information science professionals and valuable supplementary reading for students of library and information science.
- Author BiographyHERBERT S. WHITE is Dean Emeritus and Distinguished Professor Emeritus, School of Library & Information Science, Indiana University, and Adjunct Professor, University of Arizona, Green Valley. He is the recipient of the ALA Melvil Dewey Award.
- Author(s)Herbert S. White
- Date of Publication15/09/2000
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight785 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.