All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionLibraries must negotiate a range of legal issues, policies and ethical guidelines when developing scholarly communication initiatives. Library Scholarly Communication Programs is a practical primer, covering these issues for institutional repository managers, library administrators, and other staff involved in library-based repository and publishing services. The title is composed of four parts. Part one describes the evolution of scholarly communication programs within academic libraries, part two explores institutional repositories and part three covers library publishing services. Part four concludes with strategies for creating an internal infrastructure, comprised of policy, best practices and education initiatives, which will support the legal and ethical practices discussed in the book.
- Author BiographyIsaac Gilman is Assistant Professor and Scholarly Communication and Research Services Librarian at Pacific University, USA. In addition to managing Pacific's institutional repository, known as CommonKnowledge, Isaac has taught courses in scholarly publishing and research methods and has served as co-chair of Pacific University's Institutional Review Board. He is the co-founding editor of the Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication, and the holder of an MLIS degree.
- Author(s)Isaac Gilman
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.