All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionAs the United States becomes ever more comfortable with recognizing the cultural diversity of the many groups that make up its population, library services must seek to meet patrons' needs as they are shaped and expressed by their cultural backgrounds. This goal is particularly important for youth library services. For young people of Hispanic heritage, library services attuned to their specific needs and interests are crucial. Many librarians struggle with how to properly create and maintain library programs and collections that are suitable to the needs of Hispanic youth. In this series of essays prepared for the Trejo Foster Foundation for Hispanic Library Education Fourth National Institute, national leaders in librarianship present their insights about how best to meet the needs of young Hispanic library patrons. The text is introduced by the editors, and the essays are arranged in parts: Programs; Collections; Planning and Evaluating; Bibliographical Resources; and For the Future. Information about the contributors and an index conclude the volume.
- Author BiographyBarbara Immroth is a professor at the University of Texas at Austin Graduate School of Library and Information Science, and has just completed her term as president of the Texas Library Association. She lives in Austin. Kathleen de la Pena McCook is professor and director at the University of South Florida School of Library and Information Science. She serves on the Board of Directors of REFORMA, and lives in Ruskin, Florida.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width178 mm
- Height248 mm
- Edited byBarbara Froling Immroth,Kathleen de la Pena McCook
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.