All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents lecture tes based on the author's courses on Lie algebras and the solution of Hilbert's fifth problem. In chapter 1, Lie Algebras, the structure theory of semi-simple Lie algebras in characteristic zero is presented, following the ideas of Killing and Cartan. Chapter 2, The Structure of Locally Compact Groups, deals with the solution of Hilbert's fifth problem given by Gleason, Montgomery, and Zipplin in 1952.
- Author BiographyIrving Kaplansky is Director Emeritus of the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute and George Herbert Mead Distinguished Professor Emeritus in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Irving Kaplansky
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1971
- Series TitleLectures in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight198 g
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.