All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionLie algebras have many varied applications, both in mathematics and mathematical physics. This book provides a thorough but relaxed mathematical treatment of the subject, including both the Cartan-Killing-Weyl theory of finite dimensional simple algebras and the more modern theory of Kac-Moody algebras. Proofs are given in detail and the only prerequisite is a sound kwledge of linear algebra. The first half of the book deals with classification of the finite dimensional simple Lie algebras and of their finite dimensional irreducible representations. The second half introduces the theory of Kac-Moody algebras, concentrating particularly on those of affine type. A brief account of Borcherds algebras is also included. An Appendix gives a summary of the basic properties of each Lie algebra of finite and affine type.
- Author BiographyRoger Carter is an Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at the University of Warwick.
- Author(s)Roger Carter
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2005
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 96
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus.
- Weight1040 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.