All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this hard-hitting collection of 4 essays, Dr Wilson cuts straight to the chase: YOU WERE LIED TO! You were lied to about the nature, character, and cause of the American -Civil War, - but that is just the start. The entire South-its people, culture, history, customs, both past and present-has been and continues to be lied about and demonized by the unholy trinity of the American establishment: Academia, Hollywood, and the Media. In the midst of the anti-South hysteria currently infecting the American psyche-the banning of flags, charges of hate and -racism, - the removal and attempted removal of Confederate monuments, the renaming of schools, vandalism of monuments and property displaying the Confederate Battle Flag, and even physical assaults, albeit rarely at present, on people who display the symbols of the South-Shotwell Publishing offers this unapologetic, unreconstructed, pro-South book with the hope that it will reach those who are left that are t afraid to question the sanity of this cultural purge and the veracity of its narrative concerning the South. This title is enrolled in Kindle MatchBook. FREE if print edition is purchased on Amazon.
- Author BiographyDR CLYDE WILSON is Distinguished Professor Emeritus of History of the University of South Carolina, where he served from 1971 to 2006. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He recently completed editing of a 28-volume edition of The Papers of John C. Calhoun which has received high praise for quality. He is author or editor of a more than a dozen other books and over 600 articles, essays, and reviews in a variety of books and journals, and has lectured all over the U.S and in Europe, many of his lectures having been recorded online and on CDs and DVDs. Dr. Wilson directed 17 doctoral dissertations, a number of which have been published. Books written or edited include Why the South Will Survive, Carolina Cavalier: The Life and Mind of James Johnston Pettigrew, The Essential Calhoun, three volumes of The Dictionary of Literary Biography on American historians, From Union to Empire: Essays in the Jeffersonian Tradition, Defending Dixie: Essays in Southern History and Culture, and Chronicles of the South.
- Author(s)Clyde N Wilson
- PublisherShotwell Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShotwell Publishing LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.