CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionNational Geographic Learning brings the world to your classroom with Life, a six-level integrated-skills series that develops fluency in American English. Through an exploration of real world content from National Geographic presented through stunning images, text, and video, learners will strengthen their existing global connections while learning the English skills needed for communication in the 21st century. To encourage a generation of informed decision-makers, Life prepares learners to think critically while teaching the English skills needed communicate effectively through: o Information-rich topics that naturally promote curiosity and challenge learners to understand the themes In English on a deeper level. o Developing the 21st century skills needed in a techlogy-rich environment, like questioning authors and using visually literacy skills to infer meaning. o Explicit 'Critical Thinking' sections that take language learners from understanding, to evaluating, and finally to creating their own texts in English.
- Author BiographyHelen Stephenson first taught business English in the 1980s. She has written in-house training courses and a course for upper-secondary students. She teaches at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. My career in ELT began in Oxford in 1987, first as a teacher, then DoS, then Vice principal of Godmer House School of English. In 1996, I set up my own school teaching English to professionals which I ran for 10 years, giving it up in 2006 to concentrate on writing full-time. My interests have always centred around needs-based learning: from task-based learning for general English students through business English teaching to specialised ESP courses. As a teacher and a writer, my aim is to develop materials that are meaningful and thought-provoking - that offer more than just language learning. I seek out projects that offer this possibility. This was what led me to work with National Geographic on the adult series, LIFE. My publications include: Success with BEC (Summertown 2008), Energy English (Cengage 2010) and LIFE (National Geographic Learning (2012). I live in Oxford with my wife (and children when they come home). I love exercise (tennis, yoga, swimming, cycling and walking), reading and travel and I like to combine all three as often as I can. John Hughes has worked in ELT for twenty years as a teacher, teacher trainer and director of studies. Currently, he runs training courses, both face-to-face and online. He is also an author with over 20 ELT books. His books for Cengage Learning and National Geographic Learning include Spotlight on FCE, Practical Grammar, Total Business and the new six-level National Geographic course for adult learners called Life.
- Author(s)Helen Stephenson,John Hughes,Paul Dummett
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/06/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight496 g
- Width216 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition StatementStudent Manual/Study Guide
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.