All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth gospel addresses the thirst for life that lies at the depth of every human heart. The life in question is t just physical life but the more abundant life' (John 10:10) that is thing less than a share in the eternal life of the divine communion of love. In Life Abounding, Brendan Byrne, SJ, facilitates a reading of John for readers today so that it may move them from mere existence to a conscious sense of sharing the divine eternal life-and the joy that goes with it.The reading of the Fourth Gospel offered here remains conscious of the difficulties John presents on several fronts for contemporary readers. Byrne explains the text in a way that is critical yet sensitive to the gospel's distinctive character and the untapped treasures it may yet contain for theology and spirituality today. This volume represents the completion of Byrne's highly successful series of books on the four gospels, which have proven to be rich resources for preachers, teachers, and all who desire a more profound understanding of the life of Jesus as it is presented in the gospels.
- Author BiographyBrendan Byrne, SJ, is a professor of New Testament at Jesuit Theological College, within the United Faculty of Theology, Parkville, Melbourne, Australia. He is the author of Romans (1996) from the Sacra Pagina series, Galatians and Romans (2010), A Costly Freedom: A Theological Reading of Mark's Gospel (2008), Lifting the Burden: Reading Matthew's Gospel in the Church Today (2004), and Life Abounding: A Reading of John's Gospel (2014), published by Liturgical Press.
- Author(s)Brendan Byrne
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.