All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionAdolescence and young adulthood is often a difficult eugh time without serious illness. However, research has shown that cancer, and surviving cancer, at this age presents distinctive problems medically, socially and psychologically. This important work offers a glimpse into a previously under-researched area and contributes to a better understanding of the needs of young adults post cancer. Focusing t only on the physical effects, but also the social, cognitive, emotional and physiological consequences of surviving cancer in young adulthood, Anne Grinyer draws directly upon data collected from young adults who have been treated for cancer. The book is structured around themes they raised such as fertility; life plans; identity; psychological effects and physical effects. These issues are drawn together in the final chapter and related to clinical and professional practice as well as current policy. This book presents the voices of those who have lived through the experience of cancer in young adulthood, and links them to the theoretical and analytical literature. It will be of interest to professionals and researchers in nursing, social work, counselling and medicine as well as medical sociologists, young adults living with cancer and survivors of young adult cancer.
- Author BiographyAnne Grinyer is Senior Lecturer in Health Research at Lancaster University, UK.
- Author(s)Anne Grinyer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.