All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.64Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe weeks and months following the death of a spouse can be times of shock and intense grief. After that initial period, however, the one who has been widowed comes to the realization that life goes on, even if in a way that is profoundly changed. <br> Elizabeth Bookser Barkley lost her husband, Scott, in 1999. With three daughters to raise alone, she found that moving forward was made easier through the strength of friends and by staying in touch with her spiritual core. Life After Death is for those who have passed through that initial period of grief, and have begun to settle into a new life of living as a widow or widower. It is a book filled with the hope that comes from patience and understanding, from a willingness to believe that our lives continue to be enriched by t only the relationship we had with our spouse, but by our relationships with family, friends, and God. <br> The book is formed around practical topics that Barkley has taken from her own experience of widowhood, with advice from several grief support group leaders. It includes examples t only from Barkley's life, but from the lives of the women and men she has met over the years. Each chapter is enriched with practical information, as well as references to literature, saints, the Bible, and contemporary culture.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Bookser Barkley, Ph.D., is professor and chair of the department of English and modern languages at the College of Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati. She has written extensively for Catholic Update and St. Anthony Messenger and is the author of Handing On the Faith: When You Are a Godparent, Loving the Everyday: Meditations for Moms, and Woman to Woman: Seeing God in Everyday Life.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Bookser Barkley
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Weight209 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.