All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Frieda Birnbaum made headlines eight years ago when she gave birth to twin boys at the age of sixty. And despite being a psychotherapist who had counseled other mothers for decades, Birnbaum secretly wondered: What have I gotten myself into? Can I keep up? It turned out she could, and then some. Like so many people who take on new things at age sixty and older, Birnbaum discovered a new lease on life. She felt more energized than ever (on most days, anyway) to run after twins Josh and Jaret. She parlayed the fame into TV and radio appearances, commenting on subjects from Bill Cosby to Hillary Clinton. Her psychotherapy practice flourished. And as she reinvigorated her career, her relationships with her family, including her husband of more than forty years, grew even stronger. To be incredible mothers (and partners), Birnbaum believes women must be fulfilled and challenged as people first. The secret, she discovered, was to welcome growing older rather than fear it. This captivating and inspiring memoir is complemented with practical advice for a positive outlook and staying active while aging. As Birnbaum reveals, it's possible, even easy, to look and feel fabulous--and glamorous--in our sixties and well beyond.
- Author BiographyDr. Frieda Birnbaum is a counseling psychotherapist specializing in marital satisfaction and family harmony, and the author of What Price Power: An In-Depth Study of the Professional Woman in a Relationship. After giving birth to her third son at age fifty-four and twin boys at age sixty, Birnbaum was featured on Oprah and 20/20 to share what it was like to be the oldest mother in the United States to give birth to twins. Birnbaum lives in Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Frieda Birnbaum
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.