All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionLife, Culture and Education on the Academic Plantation: Womanist Thought and Perspective, a collection of autobiographical essays, employs autobiography as a form of life history. Autobiography has been adopted as a mode in which to make sense of the world and analyze the complex and paradoxical dynamics of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, and other positionalities. This book addresses issues such as race and gender within the academy, motherhood and parenting, Black epistemology, political praxis and social activism, as well as the education of children of color from urban centers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dierdre Glenn Paul is Associate Professor and Chairperson of Reading and Educational Media in the College of Education and Human Services at Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, New Jersey. She publishes in a variety of genre and on a consistent basis. She is the author of Raising Black Children Who Love Reading and Writing: A Guide from Birth Through Grade 6.
- Author(s)Dierdre Glenn Paul
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleHigher Ed
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight210 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.