All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.45Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $12.25
About this product
- DescriptionAbout the Series<br>Each book in this essential series reveals the life cycles of ten animals in a particular habitat which link together to create three food chains. At the end of the book a simple overview helps readers understand how the three food chains interact to create a food web- the perfect first introduction to this core science concept. The unique challenges of living in the world's highest places require special adaptations to survive and thrive, from the lowest animals on the food chain like the mosquito and the earwig, right through fascinating top level predators like the elusive sw leopard and the wolverine. This title examines three food chains in the globe's highest regions: the Andes of South America, the Rockies in North America, and the Himalaya of Asia. Beautiful photography and clear visual explanations of each stage of an animal's life cycle give young readers an up-close glimpse of these uncommon creatures. At the end of each spread, picture clues let readers guess which predator is next on the chain. At the end, readers will emerge with a vivid understanding of how all life in these extreme environments is interconnected.
- Author BiographySean Callery is a writer and primary-school teacher. He has written a number of<br>information books for publishers such as HarperCollins and Which?, as well as musicals<br>and educational articles.
- Author(s)Sean Callery
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleLifecycles
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKingfisher Books Ltd
- Weight454 g
- Format DetailsPicture book,Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.