All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe waves of the sea, the hardness of rolled tobacco; these are the kind of details that acquire an unusual form of grandeur in Pla s prose . This collection of his letters, translated into English for the first time, diligently chronicle the nuts and bolts of daily living in turn of the century Catalonia.This title is one of a number of Archipelago titles which draw attention to the literary landscape of Catalonia. Notably, Private Life, Josep Maria de Segarra s great vel, is forthcoming from Turnaround in August 2015.
- Author BiographyJosep Pla (1897-1981) was a Catalan writer and journalist who lived in Spain, France, Italy, England, Germany, and Russia. He was awarded The Gold Medal of the Autonomous Government of Catalonia for his contribution to Catalan literature. His complete works are published in thirty-eight volumes. Peter Roland Bush is an English literary translator. He has translated works from Spanish, Portuguese and Catalan to English, including the work of Juan Carlos Onetti, Juan Goytisolo, and Fernando de Rojas.
- Author(s)Josep Pla
- PublisherArchipelago Books
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- LanguageCatalan & English
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArchipelago Books
- Weight707 g
- Width153 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.