Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn every part of the world, already thousands of years ago, humans have speculated about some kind of life force. In China it is called qi (also spelled chi), in India prana, in ancient Greece pneuma, in Latin Spiritus, and in Hebrew ruach. There are hundreds of life energy beliefs, which have many similarities. This encyclopedia presents and explains them all. In the introduction, distant origins of human thought are traced, examining how spiritual beliefs and life force ideas emerged, and how they were developed through time.
- Author BiographyStefan Stenudd is a Swedish author and historian of ideas, who researches the thought patterns of myth in general and creation myths in particular. He has written a book about the cosmological and mythological ideas of the Greek philosophers, and one about the Chinese life energy Qi. He has also written bestseller books about the peaceful martial art aikido. He has practiced that art for more than 35 years. Aikido, too, evolved from ideas of a life energy.
- Author(s)Stefan Stenudd
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.