Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.49Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnce-in-a-generation memoir of a rock legend - the No. 1 SUNDAY TIMES bestseller. With the Rolling Stones, Keith Richards created the riffs, the lyrics and the songs that roused the world, and over four decades he lived the original rock and roll life: taking the chances he wanted, speaking his mind, and making it all work in a way that one before him had ever done. Now, at last, the man himself tells us the story of life in the crossfire hurricane. And what a life. Listening obsessively to Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters records as a child in post-war Kent. Learning guitar and forming a band with Mick Jagger and Brian Jones. The Rolling Stones' first fame and success as a bad-boy band. The torious Redlands drug bust and subsequent series of confrontations with a nervous establishment that led to his enduring image as outlaw and folk hero. Creating immortal riffs such as the ones in 'Jumping Jack Flash' and 'Street Fighting Man' and 'Honky Tonk Women'. Falling in love with Anita Pallenberg and the death of Brian Jones. Tax exile in France, wildfire tours of the US, 'Exile on Main Street' and 'Some Girls'. Ever increasing fame, isolation and addiction. Falling in love with Patti Hansen. Estrangement from Mick Jagger and subsequent reconciliation. Solo albums and performances with his band the Xpensive Wis. Marriage, family and the road that goes on for ever. In a voice that is uniquely and intimately his own, with the disarming honesty that has always been his trademark, Keith Richards brings us the essential life story of our times.
- Author BiographyKeith Richards will be an improbable 65 in 2008, the year too of his 25th wedding anniversary. He continues to compose and play songs with the Rolling Stones.
- PrizesShort-listed for Galaxy National Book Awards: Telegraph Biography of the Year 2011.
- Author(s)Keith Richards
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication08/01/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Note52
- Weight524 g
- Width133 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- kirrily15511 Aug, 2016by
Honest, inclusive, addictive read!!
Great writing style right from the start, interesting for those who reckon they don't read. Excellent & hard to put down. I read 2 pages of a friends book & immediately sought out a copy to buy so I could read & re-read it. It looks cool on your shelf & is something you'll want to own for yourself. Top book!!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- johnv515002 Feb, 2012by
Keith Richards life is `spot on` in this interesting read.
Great reading about a real legend who has survived many hurdles and heartaches amongst other things....
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66