Life Over Cancer: The Block Center Program for Integrative Cancer Treatment by Keith Block (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.64+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Keith Block is at the global vanguard of invative cancer care. As medical director of the Block Center for Integrative Cancer Treatment in Evanston, Illiis, he has treated thousands of patients who have lived long, full lives beyond their original progses. Now he has distilled almost thirty years of experience into the first book that gives patients a systematic, research-based plan for developing the physical and emotional vitality they need to meet the demands of treatment and recovery. Based on a profound understanding of how body and mind can work together to defeat disease, this groundbreaking book offers: - Invative approaches to conventional treatments, such as chrotherapy -chemotherapy timed to patients' unique circadian rhythms for enhanced effectiveness and reduced toxicity - Dietary choices that make the biochemical environment hostile to cancer growth and recurrence, and strengthen the immune system's ability to attack remaining cancer cells - Precise supplement protocols to tame treatment side effects, relieve disease-related symptoms, and modify processes like inflammation and glycemia that can fuel cancer if left untreated - A new paradigm for exercise and stress reduction that restores your strength, reduces anxiety and depression, and supports the body's own ability to heal - A complete program for remission maintenance-a proactive plan to make sure the cancer never returns Also included are quick-start maps to help you find the information you need right w and many case histories that will support and inspire you. Encouraging, compassionate, and authoritative, <b>Life over Cancer</b> is the guide patients everywhere have been waiting for. <b>
- Author BiographyKeith I. Block, M.D. is Director of Integrative Medical Education at the University of Illinois College of Medicine; Medical Director of the Block Center for Integrative Cancer Treatment in Evanston, Illinois; and founder and Scientific Director of the nonprofit Institute for Integrative Cancer Research and Education. He is also editor in chief of the peer-reviewed professional journal <i>Integrative Cancer Therapies</i> and a member of the National Cancer Institute's Physician Data Query Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Editorial Board.
- Author(s)Keith Block
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication21/04/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight934 g
- Width167 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byAndrew Weil
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.64Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.