All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNearly 3.6 million Americans have their vision surgically corrected annually; it is the most commonly performed surgery in the nation. Even so, many people find themselves feeling anxious about the procedure. Author Robert K. Maloney is an experienced ophthalmologist who has performed thousands of vision correction surgeries. Not only is he an expert at performing these surgeries, he is a compassionate physician who understands the kinds of questions and concerns people have. In this book he covers LASIK and PRK surgeries, the differences between RLE and ICL, the implantable contact lens, refractive lens exchanges, how to choose a surgeon, and the newest vision correction surgery techniques.
- Author BiographyRobert K. Maloney, MD, is founder and director of the UCLA Laser Refractive Center at the Jules Stein Eye Institute, and is director of the Maloney Vision Institute in Westwood, California. While a professor at UCLA, he trained more than 700 surgeons in the use of the excimer laser, and has personally performed more than 17,000 vision correction surgeries. The first surgeon to perform LASIK in western North America, he was voted one of America s top vision correction specialists in a nationwide survey of eye surgeons conducted by Ophthalmology Times magazine, and is a coauthor of Cataract Surgery: A Patient s Guide to Cataract Treatment and LASIK: A Guide to Laser Vision Correction. He lectures internationally and has appeared widely on national radio and television, including the ABC program Extreme Makeovers, NBC s Extra, ABC s 20/20 and Prime Time Live, PBS s Life and Times, and CNN s The World Today, and has been featured in numerous magazines and newspapers. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Robert K Maloney
- PublisherAddicus Books
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOmaha
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddicus Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.