All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionGiuseppe Piero Filotto was born in Italy in 1947. He began studying Civil Engineering but soon redirected his passion to Karate after the arrival of Japanese martial arts in Europe. A subsequent injury and need to provide for his family saw him leave for Africa in his mid twenties. He w lives in Botswana and after having sold both his contruction company and Private Security Company, he decided to write this book about Africa (Nigeria and Botswana): A journey seen through the eyes of a young man who fell in love with this Continent and chose to grow old in it. This unique book recounts a journey few have undertaken: a young European man, influenced by Japanese martial art culture, seeking his place in Africa. Its story is one of discovery, immersion, and a passion for Africa and African life that would see Giuseppe, body and soul, close the door to the Western world and forever become part of Africa. His hope is that this book will t only make you understand Africa, but make you feel Africa.
- Author BiographyGiuseppe Piero Filotto was born in Italy in 1947. He studied Karate most of his adult life, worked in civil engineering and security, having created one of each companies in Botswana. His security company became the largest privately owned security firm in the country and he sold it in 2007 as well as his construction firm. He still does security and construction consulting. A hunter for many years, he has now dedicated himself to conservation of wildlife and now takes his shots through a photographer's lens.
- Author(s)Giuseppe Piero Filotto
- Date of Publication20/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.