All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo many modern scientists, a living thing is t significantly different from a lifeless object, and is to be understood in terms of its basic parts (genes and molecules). So while science has given us many wonderful things, it has also taken something essential away: our ability to seriously consider life as a unique form of energy. Alexis Pietak, an exciting new scientific thinker, argues that the 'livingness' of a life form is a very real kind of energy which must be recognized along with other kinds of energy such as heat and light. In this book she builds an entirely new, holistic and rational science of life which could enhance our understanding of individual life forms, ecological systems, and even human sustainability on our planet. This is an original and groundbreaking book which highlights a crucial missing element in mainstream science.
- Author BiographyAlexis Pietak, PhD, is a biophysicist, biomedical scientist, and author. Alexis divides her time between the ocean lapped shores of Dunedin, New Zealand, and the deciduous woodlands of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Life as Energy is her first book.
- Author(s)Alexis Mari Pietak
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication07/02/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Note125 b/w illustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $11.69
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.