All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
About this product
- DescriptionThousands of men enter the crystal palace yearly. In time they must make a choice: accept the numbing security of big corporation life or revolt against submission. Especially in times of ecomic upheaval, this book makes the reader question their fear of loosing a job at a large corporation. Will you silently suffer for a paycheck, or will you stand up against the motony and dullness of cubicle life? Life in the Crystal Palce has been published in England, Germany, and Japan. V.S. Pritchett described the book as a deeply ironical and polished analysis of the welfare corporations, and its author as devastating in his gentleness.
- Author BiographyAlan Harrington was born in Newton, Massachusetts, and was graduated from Harvard University in 1939. He has worked for a wire service, as editor at the Republic of Indonesia Information Office in New York, and in advertising and public relations. For four years he served as an editor and writer in the public relations department of a large American corporation described in this book as The Crystal Palace Harrington's literary skill has been demonstrated in this remarkable novels, The Revelations of Doctor Modesto and The Secret Swinger.
- Author(s)Alan Harrington
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/08/1967
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.