All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionGary Stephen King II was in a dark place when he first put pen to paper. A former US Marine, King was idolized by a younger brother who, wanting to follow in his footsteps, joined the armed forces. The decision lead to the young man's death, leaving King devastated and guilt ridden. Poetry would help him navigate this dark period of his life. The poems within Life of a King reflect King's love for his brother, his friends, and his family while chronicling his own journey of self-examination. What begins with his brother's loss becomes an evocative, haunting assessment of his own strengths and weaknesses, detailing both how he sees himself and how others perceive him. King's poetry takes his readers from his relationship with his parents and the women in his life to the searing pain of his brother's death. Along the way, he touches on many other aspects of life-including his discovery of Christ and the assumptions society imposes on him as an African American man. The result is a painful, raw account of one man's inner landscape. Life of a King is t always easy reading, but then, heartfelt passion and emotion rarely are.
- Author BiographyGary Stephen King II lives in Tallahassee, Florida. He is a history major on his way to becoming a teacher. Before attending college, he served in the United States Marine Corps for eight years.
- Author(s)Gary Stephen King II
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.