All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis 1892 account of the five Marlow brothers and their tribulations in Young County, Texas, is w back in print and expertly edited and antated by ted western historian Robert K. DeArment. After one Marlow brother killed a popular sheriff and was in turn murdered by bounty hunters, the other four brothers were arrested as accessories and jailed. Angry citizens ambushed the Marlows during a transfer to ather town: two brothers were shot and killed, the other two severely wounded, and three mob members died in a shootout that inspired a John Wayne movie, The Sons of Katie Elder .
- Author BiographyROBERT K. DeARMENT, a member of of the Wild West History Association, is the author of numerous books, including Bat Masterson, George Scarborough, and Alias Frank Canton. He lives in Sylvania, Ohio.
- PublisherUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleA.C. Greene
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Content Note11 b&w illustrations, 2 maps, notes, bib., index
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRobert K. DeArment
- Introduction byRobert K. DeArment
- Revised byWilliam Rathmell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.