All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first full-length academic study of Life on Mars (and its successor, Ashes to Ashes), and seeks to account for the series' invative form and popular appeal. Paying attention to issues of genre and hybridity, the book examines televisual and cultural memory, press and reception contexts and analyses the ways in which both series represent Britain in the 1970s and 1980s. The book also discusses the remakes of Life on Mars in the USA and Spain, ackwledging both the specific address to particular situations and the ways in which key elements are re-worked in different national contexts.
- Author BiographyStephen Lacey is Professor of Drama, Film and Television and Ruth McElroy is Principal Lecturer in Communication, Cultural & Media Studies in the Cardiff School of Creative and Cultural Industries, University of Glamorgan.
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleContemporary Landmark Television
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRuth McElroy,Stephen Lacey
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.