All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife on the Loose: My Journey from Suburban Housewife to Outdoor Guide explores Cari Taylor-Carlson's thirty-two year adventure with Venture West as she and her customers traveled the world with backpacks, caes and kayaks. This was a risky business with an unexpected learning curve--from the first backpacking trip to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore to the final hiking trip in Zion National Park. She experienced the highs and the pits of the outdoor travel world as she navigated the unkwn with her trusting customers following behind. In the book, Taylor-Carlson held thing back as she somehow survived her own occasional negligence. She learned the art of the fake smile when things fell apart as she stuffed her panic because it was her job to set the tone for the group. In the beginning, a painful divorce led Taylor-Carlson to recognize her need for wilderness, her safe place. That's what gave her courage to pursue her dream and start her business. Life on the Loose explores two journeys--the internal angst of the guide and the external beauty of the places she traveled. People who look for inspiration, or enjoy an unvarnished insider's account of the outdoor adventure travel business, or simply like a good story told with complete honesty, will want to read Life on the Loose.
- Author(s)Cari Taylor-Carlson
- PublisherHenschelhaus Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenschelhaus Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.