Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionCharley is funny, ridiculous, ornery, and charismatic. He also has Down Syndrome, and Sherry Palmer thanks her stars each and every night for the blessing that is Charley. Sherry knew that her life would change drastically when she and her husband decided to adopt a baby boy with Down Syndrome, and she knew they would struggle at times with his developmental challenges, with other peoples' perceptions, and with their own emotions. What she didn't kw was just how amazing their world would become once Charley was in their lives-and in their hearts.
- Author BiographySherry Palmer has been a writer since she was able to hold a pen. Her stories have appeared in Chicken Soup for the Christian Family Soul (HCI, 2000), I'm Glad I'm a Mom (Harvest House Publishers, 2008) and Foliate Oak Online Literary Magazine. Her guest columns have appeared in The Breathitt County Voice, The Tennessee Star Journal, and Monroe Life magazine. A graduate of Spalding University's Low residency MFA program in Louisville, Kentucky, Sherry studied creative nonfiction with what she calls the greatest mentors and colleagues ever. She currently lives in Knoxville, Tennessee with her husband, Brad, their son, Charley, and their two ill-mannered cats, Gizmo and Gravy Train. Sherry's latest work, Life With Charley: A Memoir of Down Syndrome Adoption, is the result of a love story, twenty-four years in the making.
- Author(s)Sherry Palmer
- PublisherZharmae Publishing Press LLC
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintZharmae Publishing Press LLC
- Out-of-print date01/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.