All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of a man and a love affair - a love affair with an island that grew to incorporate the whole of the Caribbean. The Hon Gordon 'Butch' Stewart was born in Jamaica, the island where he introduced an unsuspecting world to the possibilities that a luxury all-inclusive resort could contain - a place where life was t just one long beach, but also one long party. Stewart's name is synymous with Sandals Resorts but he has also, for the last 40 years, run one of the most successful companies in the Caribbean, ATL. He is Jamaica's largest private employer and in his time has helped save t only the national airline but also the Jamaican dollar. Now celebrating his 70th year, along with 30 years of the world's favorite luxury-included resorts, the Stewart magic is as strong as ever. As an invator he has few rivals, and as a marketeer hardly any. Through good times and bad, Stewart has forged a company that is one of the most recognizable in the world.
- Author BiographyJo Foley is a writer, editor and media consultant. A former editor of Woman, Options and the Observer magazine, she was also executive editor of the Times, managing editor of the Daily Mirror and woman's editor for the Sun. She writes on travel for the Sunday Telegraph, the Financial Times, Orient Express magazine, the Daily Mail, Tatler, Conde Nast Traveller and Harpers, and is a regular contributor to Woman & Home. She has been a consultant to H Bauer, the Illustrated London News Group and several online magazines, and has won a number of awards including Magazine Editor of the Year for her work on Woman. She was a member of the General Advisory Council of the BBC for four years. She has written books on diet, lifestyle and beauty as well as editing fiction and real life stories for the same company; travel books for American Express; Nicky Clarke's Hair Power; Shipwrecked, which accompanied the Channel 4 series; and most recently The Great British Picnic Guide. Her own Great Spa Escapes, a guide to some of the most opulent spas in the world, was published six years ago.
- Author(s)Jo Foley
- PublisherElliott & Thompson Limited
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElliott & Thompson Limited
- Content NoteFull colour
- Weight1066 g
- Width196 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.