All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionLifestyle Illustration of the 60s is a glorious celebration of the Swinging Sixties - a groundbreaking decade heralding a new creativity, freedom and liberation. This lavishly illustrated book surveys how those years were depicted by illustrators for some of the UK's best-selling magazines. Lifestyle Illustration of the 60s is a stunning survey of magazine artwork from the Sixties. It t only provides a fascinating insight into the extraordinary artistic talents of the illustrators featured, but also reveals the social aspirations of this unprecedented era of political optimism and sexual freedom. Tracing the decade's evolution from the homemaking ethos of romantic coupledom to the stylish liberation of mini-skirted Chelsea girls, it features page after page of stunning rediscovered artwork, much of it by the very best artists of the day and provides a wonderful, stalgic escape into a world of retro sophisticated living.
- Author BiographyRian Hughes is an award-winning graphic designer, illustrator, comic artist, logo designer and typographer. He studied graphic design at the London College of Printing before working for an advertising agency, i-D magazine and a series of record sleeve design companies. In 1994 he founded his own studio, Device, and has since worked with a wide range of international clients. David Roach is a British comic book artist and writer, working for companies including 2000AD, Marvel, DC, and Dark Horse. He is associate editor of US magazine Comic Book Artist, and has edited manv books on comic books and illustration.
- Author(s)Rian Hughes
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteapprox. 1000 colour & b & w photographs & artworks
- Weight1520 g
- Width197 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.