All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThese poems want urgently to kw how the secular spirit can lift itself in the face of mortality and human violence. They are full of richness and courage and surprise, turning from grief to curiosity; then to beauty, humour, anger, gratitude, acceptance - and once again to curiosity. Many of the poems were written while Bill Manhire was the Katherine Mansfield Fellow in Menton, France. Lifted is a book by a poet writing at the height of his powers.
- Author BiographyBILL MANHIRE was born in Invercargill in 1946. He was his country's inaugural Poet Laureate and has won the New Zealand Book Award for Poetry four times. He heads the International Institute of Modern Letters at the Victoria University of Wellington, where he directs the celebrated creative writing programme. He has published many books of poetry, and a number of volumes of fiction. In June 2005 he was appointed a Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit.
- PrizesWinner of Montana Book Awards 2006.
- Author(s)Bill Manhire
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/08/2015
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.