Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionTransparency and luminescence have re-emerged in the vocabulary of architecture, and light and lightness have become key concepts for a significant number of contemporary architects, as well as artists who create installations. Work by these designers recalls the use of transparent materials in early modern structures, but they have introduced new ideas and technical solutions. In doing so, they have redefined the relationship between the observer and the structure by interposing elements that both veil and illuminate. In this architecture of lightness, buildings become intangible, structures shed their weight and facades become unstable, dissolving into an often lumius evanescence. The 33 projects illustrated in this book exemplify this emerging sensibility, which is examined in an essay by Terence Riley that places the new work in a broad historic and cultural perspective. More than 30 architects are represented in this international selection, which includes a broad range of building types, scales and techlogies. Among these architects are: Renzo Pia, Herzog & de Meuron, Jean Nouvel, Toyo Ito, Tod Williams and Billie Tsien.
- Author(s)Terence Riley
- PublisherMuseum of Modern Art
- Date of Publication13/11/1995
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMuseum of Modern Art
- Content Note178 illustrations, 70 in colour
- Weight810 g
- Width230 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byGlenn T. Lowry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.