Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $71.99Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis study examines the utility of augmenting heavy forces committed in the forward defense of Central Europe with strategically mobile light forces. The study examines the historical precedents for the employment of light infantry forces against techlogically superior heavy forces. Drawing from these experiences, the study identifies the methods, tactics, and techniques that were common to light infantry operations that were successful in the past. The study then assesses the utility and survivability of light infantry forces on the contemporary battlefield and examines the degree to which the successful operating styles of the past remain valid. The study also examines various ways light infantry forces can be employed by heavy forces and the tactics they can use to successfully counter armored/mechanized formations. The study concludes with the assessment that light infantry forces, when committed in the right situations and with a requisite degree of skill, can greatly magnify the combat capability of heavy forces defending in Central Europe.
- Author(s)Charles C Campbell
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date26/02/2013
- Weight113 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.