All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAll of science springs from the observation of nature. In this classic book, the late Marcel Minnaert accompanies the reader on a tour of nature's light and color and reveals the myriad phemena that may be observed outdoors with more than a pair of sharp eyes and an enquiring mind. From the intriguing shape of the dapples beneath a tree on a sunny day, to rainbows, mirages, and haloes, to the colors of liquid, ice, and the sky, to the appearance of the sun, moon, planets, and stars - Minnaert describes and explains them all in clear language accessible to the layman. This volume includes 80 new photographs, over half in color, illustrating many of the phemena - ordinary and exotic - discussed in the book. Most of the new photos are by Pekka Parviainen, the rewned Finnish nature photographer.
- Author(s)Len Trn Seymour,Marcel Minnaert
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/04/1995
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, 49 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight951 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 1993. Corr. 2nd printing 1995
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.