All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionLight and Photomedia proposes that, regardless of techlogical change, the history and future of photomedia is essentially connected to light. It is a fundamental property of photomedia, binding with space and time to form and inform new, explicitly light-based structures and experiences. Jai McKenzie identifies light-space-time structures throughout the history of photomedia, from the early image machines through analogue and digital image machines to the present day. She proposes that they will continue to develop in the future and takes us to future image machines of the year 2039. With the use of the theories of Paul Virilio, Jean Baudrillard and Vilem Flusser, featuring artists including Henri Cartier-Bresson, Nam June Paik, Yves Klein, Eadweard Muybridge, Martha Rosler, Cindy Sherman and Michael Sw, as well as their photographic images, Light and Photomedia places the reader in a new history and future which, although mostly overlooked by the can of photomedia theory, is an essential line of enquiry for contemporary thinking and dialogue in photography.
- Author BiographyJai McKenzie is an artist and academic based between Berlin and Sydney.
- Author(s)Jai McKenzie
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- Series TitleInternational Library of Visual Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 integrated bw
- Weight340 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.