All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn introduction to the use of light for students and visual artists, this is the first book to look at the way light can be used to create realistic and fantastical effects in a wide range of visual media. Light for Visual Artists is a valuable resource for animators, digital illustrators, painters or artists working in any medium. The first part of the book discusses the fundamental properties of natural and artificial light, shadows, the interaction of light on different types of surfaces, reflections, as well as transparency, translucency and the effects of light on colour. In part two, the author concentrates on people and the environment, looking in detail at how to observe the effects of light to create realistic images. In part three, the author looks at the creative use of light in composition and design, for creating moods or setting a scene. Clearly written by a practising illustrator, this book is a must-have for both students and practising artists.
- Author BiographyRichard Yot is an illustrator who works in both traditional print and digital media. His clients have included Disney, HMV, Jamie Oliver and Channel 4.
- Author(s)Richard Yot
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note400 illustrations, 300 in colour
- Weight870 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- kakiya1000019 Jan, 2017by
the content is quite good but...... yeah I can see it has a protection，but still broken some small parts
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.