CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is truly designed to be a complete sacred Scriptures from cover to cover with the following sections: Divine Narrative, Prophecy and Prayer, Poetry and Psalms, and Wisdom and Didactic/Teaching. The book is abundant in highlighting universal truths from beginning to end, and yet all brought afresh to today's world. The Narrative captures the voice of a sacred story teller. It tells the untold story before the creation of the universe, God creating the heavenly Advisers and Angels, then the story of the creation of the universe, and the natural and universal stories of humankind. The Prophecy section captures the voice of prophecy, all fresh prophecies for our age. The Poetry and Psalms section follows with all new material also written by the author. Then the largest section, Part IV, The Wisdom and Didactic section follows. The voice of this section is from a religious teacher, a gifted contemporary sage, teaching many disciples, addressed to the global audience. It contains teachings on many topics beginning with God, to faith, to the end of the world and Heaven and Hell. The Scriptures portion of this book ends with a final Exhortation section. What follows then are some postscripts and appendixes including an Overview of the Beliefs Expressed in these Scriptures, an Interpretation Guide for these Scriptures, the author's biography, the author's story of writing the book, additional comments on the book, and Sources Consulted. This book is truly very unique, relevant, and contemporary for today's readers, religious and those interested but t necessarily religious. One of the main purposes of this book is global peace by a new text, based on the realization that some sacred Scriptures of the past, while containing so much good, have also sowed some violence at least interpreted so by many. This book exudes with peace toward a unity of understanding among various peoples of faith. It is written from a motheistic perspective yet with a tolerant and loving attitude for all peoples of various faith traditions. This book is a must read for all. It is inspirational, devotional, and educational.
- Author BiographyAuthor Mark Ahavel's Biography Mark was born a seeker of the things of God and faith. As a child, he wanted to listen to all the preachers on TV. He was raised in the Christian tradition, nurtured in this blessed faith, and attended a parochical school. He eventually went to a Christian college for his four year degree. His studies continued later in seminary and then later expanded to learn about all the major faith traditions. It was not only his studies but this strong inner sense of a special destiny that propelled his seeking and learning. And in this midst, he also discovered significance, portents of destiny, regarding dates and facts from his birth: 1) born in in a Roman Catholic hospital during the middle of Vatican II (1962-'64); 2) his birthday coincides with a significant historical date of a prophet's event in C.E. times;3) and his birth year was the Baha'i Faith's 100th anniversary and the same year they established their International House of Justice on Mt. Carmel, Haifa, Israel. This awareness only clarified the ecumenical vision he already had after his theological training. Inspirational and enlightening thoughts, and messages started to come to him in 2004, of which he hand-wrote all of them. In 2012, having a notebook full of notes, he set out to word process them into a book. After completing his manuscript toward the end of summer 2012, he obtained a publisher. Mark is a member in the American Academy of Religion and the Society for Biblical Literature and plans to also join the Ecumenical Theological Society.
- Author(s)Mark Ahavel
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date30/12/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.