All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionFranck Bohbot's Light on New York City is a sentimental and cturnal exploration of the city that never sleeps. In this photography project that began in 2013, New York City is presented in a series of haunting and cinematic images as seen in the nighttime facades and storefronts of buildings that boast neon marquees and signage, eerily preserved in all of their stalgic and kitschy glory, to undeniably sleek and contemporary exteriors with more daring architectural design. This aesthetic, along with the predominant absence of people, results in a melancholic atmosphere reminiscent of Edward Hopper paintings and evocative of staged theatrical sets-a merging of a contemporary urban reality and a magical, sentimental artificiality. The photographs featured in Light On New York City convey a luminescence that celebrates modernity while longing for the past in an ironically ageless paradox.
- Author BiographyFranck Bohbot is a French, Brooklyn-based photographer known for his vivid, surreal color images. His approach is painterly and cinematic and his meticulously crafted pictures have a dream-like quality that reflects the mystery of everyday places and life. His unique style has won him international acclaim and important commissions.
- Author(s)Franck Bohbot
- PublisherteNeues Publishing UK Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2016
- Place of PublicationKempen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintteNeues Media GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notec. 100 colour photographs
- Weight1678 g
- Width250 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.