All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are a casual explorer or a serious history buff, this glimpse into America's architectural past with hands on GPS site coordinates and detailed architectural plans provides a vivid picture of America's lighthouses. Along with over 90 black and white photos of lighthouses across America, this book includes over 50 detailed architectural plans that feature the internal and external structure of the lighthouses. Readers will find unique lighthouse structures, such as the Port Mahon Lighthouse, which hovers over the water on pilings and the Portland Breakwater Lighthouse, which contains architectural details similar to those found on the White House. Colour photos, GPS coordinates and a brief history of many of the locations are also included, courtesy of a website maintained by Ohio resident, Mike MacCarter.
- Author BiographyAlan Giagnocavo is the Publisher for Fox Chapel Publishing and has worked in the publishing industry his entire adult life, currently spending his time acquiring new products and in market development. Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) was established in 1933 and developed to preserve the architectural history of America. It is America's first federal preservation programme and works to collect historic architectural photos and documents on a national scale.
- PublisherFox Chapel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- Place of PublicationEast Petersberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFox Chapel Publishing
- Out-of-print date08/03/2017
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs, includes illustrations
- Weight649 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byAlan Giagnocavo
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.