All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing to life an era when rivers, lakes, and oceans were the nation's highways and lighthouses served as traffic signals and maps, this comprehensive reference provides children with an in-depth history of lighthouses and firsthand stories of the challenges faced by lighthouse keepers. Filled with engaging activities such as learning how to tie a bowline kt and building a model lighthouse, this unique book also includes a field guide to U.S. lighthouses, places to visit, a time line, glossary, websites to explore, and a reading list for further study.
- Author BiographyKatherine L. House is a freelance writer who has contributed to The New York Times, The Washington Post, FamilyFun magazine, FamilyTree magazine, and the New Jersey Lighthouse Society's newsletter. She has visited more than 100 lighthouses in the U.S. and Canada.
- Author(s)Katherine L. House
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Note75 b/w photos & illus
- Weight312 g
- Width279 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.