All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential book of lighting for professional designers, w updated and revised Providing the fundamental information new designers need to succeed in a concise, highly visual format, the Second Edition of Lighting Design Basics presents realistic goals that can be used as a guide to create simple yet impressive lighting designs and when collaborating with professional designers on more complex projects. Drawing on real-world case studies-- from kitchens to doctors' offices--the book is packed with attractive, helpful illustrations, making it an invaluable resource for students, as well as interior designers and architects studying for professional licensing exams. Authored by leading lighting designers with decades of experience Offers straightforward coverage of lighting concepts and techniques Contains design scenarios for more than twenty different types of spaces Lighting is a basic, yet difficult-to-master element of interior design. Lightning Design Basics changes that, putting the power to create in the hands of the designer.
- Author BiographyMark Karlen , PhD, AIA, ASID, has a long and distinguished career in design education and professional practice as an architect and interior designer. He has chaired the interior programs at the University of Cincinnati and Pratt Institute, as well as having completed many successful buildings and interiors projects. James R. Benya , PE, FIES, IALD, LC, is a lighting designer and Principal of Benya Lighting Design of West Linn, Oregon. He is widely published in industry magazines and has lectured extensively on the professional conference circuit. Christina Spangler , LC, IALD, IES, is a lighting designer and Principal in the Philadelphia and New York City--based Lighting Design Collaborative. She currently teaches at Moore College of Art and Design.
- Author(s)Christina Spangler,James R. Benya,Mark Karlen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width275 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.