All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow that you've had your DSLR for a while, are you ready to take a much closer look at what creating a great image is all about? It's all about light! The ability to see, influence, modify, control, and create light will take your images from snapshots to great shots! In Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, photographer and bestselling author Syl Arena begins with a primer on light itself-how to see its direction, intensity, color, contrast, and hardness-and quickly moves on to discussions of shooting both indoors and outdoors in the many different conditions of natural or man-made light. Then the book digs in to begin creating light with photographic lights, whether that's small flash or big strobe, the pop-up flash on your DSLR or continuous lights. Follow along with Syl and you will: * Learn the basics (and beyond) of light modifiers that make light bigger and softer, such as umbrellas, softboxes, beauty dishes, and diffusion panels* Understand how to control and shape the light itself with flags, grids, sots, and the zoom function on your flash* Appreciate the color temperature of light (whether that's the sun, a light bulb, or a flash), and how to influence it with white balance settings on your camera and colored gels on your flash* Learn how to take great pictures across many different genres, from product and still life images, to simple (and t so simple) portraits and group shots With Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, you'll learn t only how light behaves-you'll learn all you need to kw to get started on the journey of creating and controlling light in order to make great shots. And once you've got the shot, show it off! Join the book's Flickr group, share your photos, and discuss how you get great shots at flickr.com/groups/lightingfromsnapshotstogreatshots.
- Author BiographySyl Arena studied commercial photography at Brooks Institute and fine art photography at the University of Arizona. Over the years, Syl has shot for newspapers, magazines, and catalogs. He has been recognized for his expertise on color-critical workflow and his ability to turn noon to night by firing off a dozen Speedlites simultaneously. He is the author of the bestselling Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites. Syl covers the world of photography on his blog Speedliting.com, and he serves as the Director of the Paso Robles Workshops.
- Author(s)Syl Arena
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/10/2012
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Out-of-print date13/05/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width192 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.