All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLightning: Physics and Effects is the first book that covers essentially all aspects of lightning, including lightning physics, lightning protection and the interaction of lightning with a variety of objects and systems as well as with the environment. It is written in a style that will be accessible to the technical n-expert and is addressed to anyone interested in lightning and its effects. This will include physicists, engineers working in the power, communications, computer and aviation industries, meteorologists, atmospheric chemists, foresters, ecologists, physicians working in the area of electrical trauma and architects. This comprehensive reference volume contains over 300 illustrations, 70 tables containing quantitative information and a bibliography of more than 6000 references.
- Author BiographyVladimir A. Rakov is a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida. He was previously Director of the Lightning Research Laboratory at Tomsk Polytechnical University, Russia. Martin A. Uman was the co-founder and President of Lightning Location and Protection, Inc. (LLP) and is now a professor and Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida.
- Author(s)Martin A. Uman,Vladimir A. Rakov
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/01/2007
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note283 b/w illus. 9 colour illus. 71 tables
- Weight1550 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.