All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionAvery lives in La La Land with a boyfriend who's totally loaded. Their bond is made strong by a passion for escapism. He pops pills and inhales cocaine, teetering between manic and despondent. She numbs her pain with Mary Jane and exorcisms that combine vodka and razor blades. When her deviance becomes more than her man can handle, he boots her out of his mansion and revokes her ticket to ride out life in oblivion. So she bungees a box of Fed Ex'd memories from her mom to her motorbike, stuffs her cats in a knapsack, and turns her back on the days of dizzy living. With the pain of the lush life lodged in her veins, and ruminations from the box, Avery sets out on a path to calm the lightning in her wires - a journey that's about learning from her mistakes, and learning how to accept herself entirely - one that will ultimately change her life forever. Lightning in my Wires, explores a young woman's effort to change her perception, on a trek that doesn't take a trip around the world.
- Author BiographyCaitlin Avery grew up outside of Boston, Massachusetts. After receiving a theater degree from the University of Colorado, she moved to Los Angeles, where she pursued an acting career for the next ten years. Her love of writing was solidified when Caitlin chronicled her attempt to find love in LA. The result was her first book, Lightning in My Wires, and a chance encounter with a fellow Bostonian, who would later become her husband. After the birth of their son, the trio moved back to the East Coast in 2010. She published Lightning in my Wires that same year, and got right to work on her second book. The Last Cruz is her first fictional novel. Caitlin resides with her family in Newton, Massachusetts, where she works as an in-home personal trainer. The job that was meant to supplement her acting income has become a lucrative career, and her flexible schedule allows her plenty of time to write, hike, bike, and run. She is a three-time triathlete, and recently competed in her first Spartan race. She is currently working on a sequel to The Last Cruz.
- Author(s)Caitlin Avery
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.