Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive combat history of the Lightnings of the US 12th Army Air Force. Established on 20 August 1942 at Bolling Field, District of Columbia, 12 AF was a United States Army Air Forces combat air force deployed to the European Theatre of World War II. It engaged in operations in North Africa, the Mediterranean, France and Germany. The Lockheed P-38 Lightning was an American fighter aircraft built by Lockheed. Developed to a United States Army Air Corps requirement, the P-38 was named fork-tailed devil by the Luftwaffe and two planes, one pilot by the Japanese. This unique aircraft was used in a number of different roles including dive bombing, level bombing, ground strafing, photo reconnaissance missions, and extensively as a long-range escort fighter when equipped with drop tanks under its wings. This book details the Lightning's operational service with the US 12th Army Air Force during the war. Content includes; North Africa; At the threshold of Europe; See Naples and Die; New Horizons. Contains black and white photos, maps and masking foil. About the Series Air Battles is a series of books focusing on World War II air battles of specific aircraft and units. Each volume contains information on the planes involved, lists of scores, pilot reports and portraits, colour profile artwork and maps. Over 50 photographs feature in each book, with free extras for modellers, such as masking foil and decal sheets.
- Author(s)Tomasz Szlagor
- PublisherKagero Oficyna Wydawnicza
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleAir Battles
- Place of PublicationLublin
- Country of PublicationPoland
- ImprintKagero Oficyna Wydawnicza
- Content Note49 b/w Photos , 9 Profiles
- Width205 mm
- Height275 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.