Lights Out: The Electricity Crisis, the Global Economy, and What it Means to You by Jason Makansi (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionA behind--the--scenes exposure why our electricity system is headed for a state of emergency--and what can be done to head it off Most people dona t realize that skyrocketing global energy demand and ecomic growth severely affect the supply of electricity. Between production (power plants) and delivery is an antiquated, third--world transmission grid that is in desperate need of hardening against breakdowns, terrorist attacks, inadequate carrying capacity, and operational obsolescence. And while electricity doesna t hold the headlines or dramatic power of oil, the ability to ensure its uninterrupted supply at a reasonable price is even more essential to global survival and prosperity. Lights Out is todaya s most detailed, in--depth examination of this largely unreported looming energy crisis. Written by one of the worlda s top electricity industry experts, this powerful book covers numerous hot button ecomic and political issues--free markets versus regulation; energy independence versus foreign imports; nuclear power, global warming, and other environmental issues; and much more. Beyond just uncovering and illuminating the problems, however, it proposes a comprehensive road map of technical solutions and regulatory reform from both the production and demand sides of the equation--a framework for rethinking, rebuilding, and enhancing the entire electricity production and delivery infrastructure. Prescriptive and provocative, Lights Out will redefine the simmering debate on how the world can--and must--act w to head off a global catastrophe, one that could eventually wreak even more havoc than the ongoing oil crisis. Jason Makansi is the President of Pearl Street, Inc., a consulting firm; Principal of PS Liquidity Advisors, an advisory service for energy techlogy companies raising capital; and Executive Director of the Energy Storage Council, a public--policy advocacy organization. A prolific author, respected industry thought leader, and seasoned communicator, Mr. Makansi has been analyzing the techlogical, business, and regulatory issues in electricity production and delivery for over twenty--five years. He earned a BS in chemical engineering from Columbia University. His earlier books include An Investor's Guide to the Electricity Ecomy, also published by John Wiley & Sons, and Managing Steam: An Engineering Guide to Commercial, Industrial, and Utility Systems.
- Author BiographyJason Makansi is the President of Pearl Street, Inc., a consulting firm he founded in 2000 focused on all aspects of electricity production and delivery. He has launched multiple businesses serving the electricity industry, including an investment fund, an advisory service for companies raising capital, and a public--policy advocacy organization. A prolific author and respected industry thought leader, Makansi has been researching and analyzing the technological, business, and regulatory issues in electricity production and delivery for over twenty--five years. He earned a BS in chemical engineering from Columbia University. Makansi is the author of An Investora s Guide to the Electricity Economy, also published by Wiley, and Managing Steam: An Engineering Guide to Commercial, Industrial, and Utility Systems.
- Author(s)Jason Makansi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2007
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight510 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.