All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionBallistic composites need to be lightweight and durable as well as exhibiting high impact resistance and damage tolerance. This important book reviews these requirements, how the materials used for ballistic composites meet them and their range of applications. After an introductory chapter, Lightweight ballistic composites is split into two main sections. The first part of the book explores material requirements and testing. There are chapters on bullets and bullet fragments, material responses to ballistic impact, standards and specifications, modelling and test methods. Part Two reviews the range of materials used, production methods and applications. Topics discussed include high-performance ballistic fibres and ceramics, n-woven ballistic and prepreg composites, and their uses in body armour, vehicle and aircraft protection. This major book is the first of its kind to give a comprehensive review of the current use of lightweight ballistic composites in both military and law-enforcement applications. It is an invaluable reference for all those involved in personnel and vehicle protection in defence and police forces around the world.
- Author BiographyDr Ashok Bhatnagar joined Honeywell International Inc. in 1985 and over the last 29 years has developed several lightweight composite ballistic materials and products. He has filed more than 50 patents and has authored more than 40 publications. He has taught at both the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India and the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Composites Science and Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/04/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight820 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAshok Bhatnagar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.