All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn the mid-1960s, Buell Cobb discovered and then immersed himself in one of America's oldest and warmest community activities, the driving, high-decibel, soul-in-the-throat a cappella singing phemen kwn as Sacred Harp. Like Cords Around My Heart is a sharply observed account of many high points along the wandering personal journey that followed. If Sacred Harp once seemed a dying tradition in the Deep South, it w is experiencing a growth spurt across the entire U.S. and many other parts of the globe. This entertaining memoir, by a writer with a distinctive narrative voice, includes affectionate portraits of some of the key figures from the last half-century in this vibrant, w resurgent tradition.
- Author BiographyBuell Cobb is the author of The Sacred Harp: A Tradition and Its Music. A resident of Birmingham, Alabama, he has conducted Sacred Harp workshops across the U.S.
- Author(s)Buell Cobb
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.