All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.07
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
About this product
- DescriptionSeventeen-year-old Miranda lives in future San Diego, a city enclosed in a Dome because chemicals destroyed the natural world. Everything is made of plastic, and wood is more valuable than gold. The daughter of scientists, Miranda is Keeper of The Last Tree, which is dying. She is also great-granddaughter of the famous environmentalist Gabrielle Leigh who foresaw the trees' destruction. By means of The Archives, a multimedia library, Miranda studies Gabrielle's life. Each visit through The Portal becomes more real, and Miranda gradually materializes in Twentieth-Century Oregon to explore the Pacific Northwest evergreen forests. She breathes pine-scented air, sees stars and waterfalls, tastes real food like chocolate, and wears cotton clothes. She watches Gabrielle fall in love and is caught in a battle between loggers and greens. After Gabrielle's husband is killed and their child born in a sw-bound cabin, Miranda tries to stop the other tragedies the Archives foretold. She almost forgets her own world. Back under the future Dome, her family and boyfriend try to keep her from being trapped in the past. Government security forces, afraid that the outside world is too dangerous to explore, hunt them down. Miranda and Gabrielle struggle, between two places and times, to reintroduce trees to the future and lead people outside The Dome.
- Author BiographyLonna Lisa Williams has been writing since she was four years old, after her father died, when her mother collected the poems she spoke. In love with words, Lonna wrote childhood stories and plays, eventually publishing novels. Like a Tree Planted is science fiction, and Selah of the Summit is fantasy. Crossing the Chemo Room, I Saw You in the Moon, and Fire and Ice tell her true Survival Stories. She got her Master's degree in English at San Diego State University and has published poems, essays, and articles in various magazines and newspapers. A journalist and photographer, Lonna enjoys making Youtube videos (LonnaLisaWilliams' Channel). She posts new photos and writing on Facebook and her website, www.lonnawilliams.com. After losing her childhood family, surviving cancer, almost dying in a car accident, and watching her family and life in California burn up after a bitter divorce, Lonna found a new life teaching English overseas. Her four children live in California, and she visits them when she can. Her motto is that Christ's light can shine in the darkest places, and that after death comes resurrection.
- Author(s)Lonna Lisa Williams
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.