Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.56Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the third book in the War Eagle River series. The town moonshiner is brought down by a revenuer's bullet, leaving a pregnant wife with seven other children on a 13 acre hillside farm. Now only that, her oldest son was taken in as an accomplice. It would be a bleak winter on their hill. Though the Bible promised she could rise up with wings like the eagle she thought she would be content just to rise up like the cornbread in the pan that she was cooking for supper for her supper. She promised herself that the old mama pig would be the first step of her climb. Author Joann Ellen Sisco perfectly captures the voice and soul of the southern Ozarks. People are people, matter where they are, but the subtle culture and expression of language is unique to a place and time and one masters this better for this distinctive section of America than Sisco.
- Author BiographyJoann Sisco was born in the beautiful hills of northwest Arkansas and grew as the minister's daughter. She moved to Oklahoma and is now retired, living near her daughters. Her constant buddy is her Jack Russell pup named (of course) Russell.
- Author(s)Joann Ellen Sisco
- PublisherSignalman Publishing
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSignalman Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.